Unusual cluster of Grade II* elementary school buildings comprising of infants, girls and boys schools with houses for master and mistress. Includes a monitorial school room designed by Joseph Lancaster for 330 boys opened in 1837 and a rare, purpose-built galleried classroom, opened 1853. Both equipped to demonstrate lessons of their era. Family trail with activities and games, guided tours, exhibitions, museum room of Victorian school and home life, video presentation and volunteer restoration on works to view. A museum in the making.